Vadodara is one of the largest cities in the state of Gujarat. The city is a historical and geographical landmark of the country. The city gets its name from the bounty of banyan trees. The city is also known as Baroda.
What is Vadodara famous for?
PLACES TO VISIT IN VADODARA
- Laxmi Vilas Palace: THe Laxmi Vilas Palace is one of the must visit places in Vadodara. The palace is said to be the largest private dwelling according to size. The building has an area equivalent to 4 Buckingham Palaces. It houses many arts by famous artists like Raja Ravi Varma and artefacts from all over the world.
- Sayaji Gardens: The garden is one of the most extensive gardens in west India. The garden is spread over 45 hectares of land and houses a wide variety of flora, and over 99 species of different trees. There are many other facilities in the garden such as museums, a planetarium, a zoo, a toy train for children, etc.
- Baps Sri Swaminarayan Mandir: The temple is an amazing facade with intricate designs. The temple showcase grandeur and tranquillity at the same time. The ambience of the entire structure is very soothing and serene. The structure is a landmark of the area, renowned by architects around the world.
BEST FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION IN VADODARA
- TheBarbecueGrill: The Barbecue Grill is a very prestigious restaurant. The food served here is one of the best in the area. The restaurant has a very welcoming ambience, with its exposed brick and mud walls, The cuisines offered are North Indian and Mughal cuisines. The service is very responsive.
- Azure: If you want to experience international cuisines while in the area, this is the perfect place for you. The food served here is up to par with international standards. The restaurant offers Continental dishes, to suit travellers from all over the world. This is one of the best places for fine dining in the area.
- Grand Mercure Vadodara Surya Palace: One of the best accommodation services, the hotel offers deluxe rooms with amazing room service. The hotel has many amenities such as a restaurant, swimming pool, fitness centres, spa, etc. The staff is very hospitable and will cater to your every need.
- Hotel Royal: The hotel is just 3.6 kilometres away from the famous Lakshmi Vilas Palace, and is very convenient in terms of location. There are many amenities that can be availed such as free WiFi and private parking. The rooms are spacious and well-kept. The service is very good and responsive.
How to get to Vadodara?
HOW TO REACH VADODARA
Vadodara has an airport in the northeastern part of the city. The airport is connected to many major cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, etc. and also to over 20 international destinations.
Vadodara has been connected via rails extensively with other cities from the pre-Independence era. The railway station in Vadodara has regular services in and out of the city and is one of the preferred modes of transportation for domestic travellers.
BEST TIME FOR VISIT VADODARA
The ideal time to visit Vadodara is October-March because of the tropical climate. The summer can get very hot and humid, and the monsoon can interfere with your sightseeing plans. Therefore, winter is best suited for visiting and offers mild weather for domestic and international travellers alike.
Also See This: Somnath: The land of the Sacred Temple