Surat is one of the biggest cities in the state of Gujarat, and India. The city, in its olden days, used to be a major seaport and started the beginning of one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. Surat, as a city, itself is beautiful and ranked second in cleanliness in the country. Along with the city view, there are many important landmarks and tourist destinations all around Surat.
PLACES TO VISIT IN SURAT
What is Surat famous for?
- Dutch Garden: The Dutch Garden is one of the most visited areas in Surat. It is in contrast to the entire city aesthetics and stands out like an oasis. The entire architecture is in European style and has well-manicured gardens, beautiful fountains, and luscious grassy carpeted lawns. This is a perfect place to relax and enjoy yourself with your loved ones.
- Dumas Beach: The urban beach faces the Arabian Sea, and is known to be one of the most haunted places in India. The black sand beach is quiet and is not filled with visitors. It is perfect for having alone time, and quiet walks along the coast.
- Hajira Village: The town is located near the Arabian Sea. The beautiful town is famous for its beautiful beach, and health tourism facilities. There are much hot water springs in the area and is a tourist hotspot for foreign travellers.
BEST FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
- KANSAR Gujarat Thali: The restaurant offers the best of the local cuisines. The ambience is very calming and quiet. The service is fast and responsive. The food offered here is mouth-watering and offers a wholesome experience of the Gujarati delicacies and flavours.
- Sizzling Salsa: Located in Dumas Road, the restaurant offers international, local, continental foods. The price is reasonable compared to the quality of service provided. The ambience is quite nice and perfect for fine dining. The popular choices are, of course, the sizzlers.
- Courtyard by Marriott Surat: THe hotel is one of the best luxurious hotels in the area. Each room is air-conditioned equipped with a private bathroom. The hotel staff is very responsive and hospitable. The food and beverages offered in the hotel are top-notch and mouthwatering.
- Hotel Orange International: The hotel maintains international standards, and offers relatively new infrastructure and facilities. The hotel has many amenities including a restaurant, free private parking, a terrace, a fitness centre, etc. The rooms are well-kept and spacious. The hotel meets every criterion for having a nice and relaxing stay and is one of the best in the area.
How can I reach Surat?
HOW TO REACH SURAT
Surat has a domestic airport and has regular services to Ahmedabad, and Mumbai. The closest international airport is in Ahmedabad which is almost 260 km away. The Sardar Vallabhai Patel International Airport runs services to many international destinations.
Surat is a part of the western railways. The railway station in Surat is connected to cities such as Kolkota, Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, etc. The railways are preferred by domestic travellers.
BEST TIME TO VISIT SURAT
The preferred time for visiting Surat is November-February. This period covers the onset of winter to the onset of summer. The tropical climate in the area will cause the heat to rise substantially in the summer. The winters are pleasant, and the heat is bearable. The temperature is around 15-29 degree celsius and is considered mild.