Mussoorie is a hill station and a popular tourist destination in the northern state of Uttarakhand. Located in the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan ranges, the town experiences a subtropical climate which is in contrast with most parts of the country. The town itself is a calming retreat and is the perfect location to run away from the hectic life of the city. It has many amazing viewpoints and trekking experiences to offer.
PLACES TO VISIT IN MUSSOORIE
Why is Mussoorie famous for?
- Kempty Falls: One of the oldest tourist spots in the area, the Kempty Falls is a magnificent work of Nature. The falls is just 15 km away from the town and is a perfect place for picnics, and quiet walks. The waterfall breaks down into a series of streams towards the bottom and develops into a beautiful pond. This is a must-visit place while in Mussoorie.
- Mussoorie Lake: Developed by the City Board, the Lake is attracting more and more visitors with each passing year. A 6 km trip from the town, the Lake is a clear water lake open all time of the year. The lake offers boating rides for couples and families and is a romantic spot. There are many small shops serving eateries and other goods there.
Camel’s Back Road
- Camel’s Back Road: Camel’s Back Road is a 3 km road and offers a very calming and walk amidst nature. There is an abundance of natural rock layouts, most of them shaped like the humps on a camel, thus giving the place its name. The Camel’s Back Road is a famous eco-tourism spot in Mussoorie and is open throughout the year.
BEST FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
- Trout House Grill and Bar: The dine-in is one of the best in Mussoorie. A fancy restaurant, the restaurant provides an amazing view of the surroundings and the majestic Himalayas. The cocktails offered here are amazing along with the grilled dishes. The trout fish is the popular choice of tourists here. The ambience the hotel sets is calming and grand.
- JW Cafe: The JW Cafe is a deluxe restaurant and features an open kitchen run by professional chefs. Situated in the JW Marriott Hotel, the place is perfect for a relaxing meal in the open diner overlooking the mountains. The food served here is up to international standards, and the fruit juices are really tasty.
- Welcomhotel by ITC, The Savoy: The deluxe hotel is one of the best in Mussoorie in terms of service, class, and hospitality. Designed in British Gothic style, the hotel is perfect for a retreat, and/or vacation. The amenities provided here are world-class. The design is very amazing, and the entire architecture takes you to another era. The staff are very hospitable and provides 24X7 room service.
- JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort & Spa: A deluxe hotel in the heart of Mussoorie, the JW Marriott Hotel offers amazing service, excellent standards and mouth-watering food for visitors. There are many amenities such as a wellness centre, spa, a fitness centre, The service is very responsive and hospitable. The rooms are spacious and well-kept and offer an amazing view of the surroundings.
HOW TO REACH MUSSOORIE
The nearest airport to Mussoorie is the Dehradun Airport, popularly known as Jolly Grant Airport. The domestic airport is 60 km away from the town and has services to cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Trivandrum, Chennai, etc. The nearest international airport is in New Delhi, one of the busiest airports in India, and is extensively connected to all major cities in and out of India.
The Dehradun railway station is the nearest railway station to Mussoorie, located 36 km from the town and is part of the Northern Railways. The railway station is connected to major cities in all direction.
Which is the best time to visit Mussoorie?
BEST TIME TO VISIT MUSSOORIE
At any time of the year, we can visit Mussoorie. The summer is more preferred because due to the onset of spring and the summer, there is a lot more flora and flowers blossoming, giving the place a pleasant aura. The view also gets clearer in summer and you can see and experience the magnificence of the Himalayas in its entirety.