Mukteshwar is a small, peaceful village famous for its tourism and is situated in the northern state of Uttarakhand. Located in the Kumaon Hills, the town is famous for its adventure sports like rock climbing, rappelling, etc. The town is a tourist hotspot due to its natural beauty and scenic views, along with the fresh, calm ambience it provides to visitors.
PLACES TO VISIT IN MUKTESHWAR
Why is mukteshwar famous?
- Mukteshwar Temple: The temple built over 5500 years ago is one of the oldest and most visited places in Mukteshwar. The temple has a rich history and is believed to be built by the Pandavas of Mahabharata. The Temple can reach via a trek through nature, and the trek can give you a glimpse of the town’s natural beauty. The temple is about 1.5 km from the town market.
- Sitla: Sitla is a hill station situated almost 6000 feet above sea level. The view the place offers is simply beautiful, providing us with a picturesque view of the Nanda Devi, Trishul and Panchachuli. The station is also famous for its colonial architecture buildings and giving us an exotic feel while in the place.
Chauli Ki Jali
- Chauli Ki Jali: Chauli Ki Jali is one of the biggest attractions of Mukteshwar. Located close to the Temple, Chauli ki Jali is a wonder of nature and is a popular tourist spot. There are many activities such as rock climbing and rappelling, sightseeing, etc., available there.
FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
- Nirvana Organic Kitchen: Cafe located near the town centre is a very nice place to relax and enjoy. The cafe has a nice ambience to it; The service is very fast and responsive. The food served here is amazing and is one of the best cafes in the area.
- Cafe Chandi Mati: For great food, visit Cafe Chandi Mati. The restaurant features amazing North Indian food. The thali served here is a popular choice of tourists. The service is very fast, and the ambience is nice.
- The Perch: The Perch is a classy hotel in the town. The hotel provides many facilities, including a shared lounge, a beautiful garden and a terrace with a wonderful view of the surroundings. The room service is very nice and fast. There is free WiFi throughout the building. The food served here is top quality too.
- The Golden Peak: The Golden Peak is a 2-star hotel in Mukteshwar. The restaurant features a restaurant serving mouthwatering food of various cuisines, a beautiful garden, free WiFi throughout the building. There is room service. The staff is very hospitable and responsive.
HOW TO REACH MUKTESHWAR
The nearest airport to Mukteshwar is in Pantnagar. The airport is about 94km from the town. Direct taxi services are available from the airport to the town. The airport is well connected to Delhi and has frequent services.
Kathgodam railway station is the closest railway station to this place, about 62km from the town. Kathgodam is well connected to major cities in India, including Kolkata, Delhi, etc.
Which is the best time to visit Mukteshwar?
BEST TIME TO VISIT MUKETSHWAR
Mukteshwar experiences a temperate climate and is a place that is a year-round tourist destination. However, the best time to visit here is in the summer. The summers are very pleasant in this place, and the view of the Himalayas get much better.