Lansdowne is a hill station and town situated in the northern state of Uttarakhand. The town is famous for its natural beauty and amazing views of the Shivalik ranges. The place experiences a temperate climate and is a popular tourist hotspot and honeymoon destination.
PLACES TO VISIT IN LANSDOWNE
Why is Lansdowne famous?
Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple: Situated at an elevation of almost 2100 metres from sea level, the Tarkeswar Mahadev Temple is one of the holy sites dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is situated near a beautiful pine forest, and the ambience of the entire place is tranquil and soothing. The Maha Shivaratri festival is the biggest festival celebrated in the temple and there is a large footfall in the temple at that time of the year.
- Bhulla Lake: One of the most visited places in Lansdowne, the Bhulla lake is a picturesque lake and picnic spot, famous among tourists and locals alike. The lake offers a peaceful, calming environment and boating through the misty lake just takes all the thoughts out of your mind. There is also an amusement park nearby the lake and is perfect for kids.
Tip N Top
- Tip N Top: Tip N Top, also known as Tiffin Top, is a viewpoint located at an elevation of 1700 metres. The viewpoint is just 1.5 kilometres from the city centre and the view is just amazing. The location is perfect for honeymoons and newlyweds because the view is just heavenly. You can see the mist-covered, snow-capped, majestic Shivalik ranges in front of you, and is one of the best views in the entire area.
FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION IN LANSDOWNE
- Tipsy Cafe: The Tipsy Cafe is a small restaurant in the heart of Lansdowne. The cafe offers one of the best views and ambience. The service is quick and efficient, and the food served here is cooked to perfection. The recommended dishes include chicken labadar, curry, poha, etc.
- Mithas Restaurant: One of the most popular restaurants in Lansdowne, the restaurant serves one of the best Mughal food in the area. The restaurant is budget-friendly and also has an amazing staff and service. The restaurant also serves Chinese dishes.
- Kasang Regency Hill Resort: The 3-star hotel is located in the city and has an amazing view of the valley and the distant Himalayan ranges. The hotel offers many amenities such as free WiFi, room service, concierge service, and an amazing garden. The rooms are beautiful, well maintained and has a very nice ambience. The hotel is perfect for couples on their vacation.
- FabEscape SB Mount Resort: Featuring a shared lounge, a garden, a restaurant serving mouth-watering food, and air-conditioned rooms, the FabEscape Sb Mount Resort is a perfect place for laying back and relaxing. The hotel also has a sun terrace with an amazing view of the hills and the valleys. The service is fast and responsive, and the staff are very hospitable.
HOW TO REACH LANSDOWNE
The nearest airport is in Dehradun, The Jolly Grant Airport is almost 150 kilometres away, and is connected to major cities across the country. The nearest international airport is in New Delhi.
The Kotdwar railway station is around 44 km from the centre of the town. Naajibabad railway station is also nearby and these stations are a part of the northern railways and are extensively connected to cities across the country, and has various services running regularly.
What is the best time to visit Lansdowne?
BEST TIME TO VISIT LANSDOWNE
The best time to visit Lansdowne is in the winter. The temperature can vary from 0 to 24-degree celsius around December. Travellers can expect snowfall, and this just adds to the natural and scenic beauty of the area. People will have to wear sweaters and woollen clothes but it is worth it. The misty lakes, the snow-capped mountains, the valleys covered in snow and mist are hands down one of the best views one can wish to see.