Kutch is the largest district in India and is situated in the state of Gujarat. Kutch has a large area of wetland to its name and it submerges during heavy rainfall. This place has a long history and economic importance, which makes the place special.
What is Kutch famous for?
PLACES TO VISIT
What is the Rann of Kutch in India?
- Rann of Kutch: Rann of Kutch is the largest salt desert in the world and is one of the biggest tourist attractions in Kutch. The desert is very beautiful and majestic and has been portrayed in many Bollywood films. There is an annual festival from November-February where visitors get to enjoy the local culture and art performances along with amazing hospitality.
- Vijaya Vilas Palace: Originally built as a summer palace, this architectural marvel was built in Redstone. Visitors can experience first-hand one of the best handiwork by the designers who carved each minute details on the walls. Spanning over 45 acres, the palace stands as a symbol of royalty and grandeur.
- Kutch Museum: The Kutch museum houses many folk arts indigenous to the area, and also many ancient artefacts and remnants of the tribal people. The architecture resembles the Italian Gothic style and was originally built as the Kutch School of Arts.
BEST FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION IN KUTCH
- Noorani Mahal: One of the most popular choices of restaurants by travellers, Noorani Mahal provides an amazing menu with good quality food. The restaurant offers both North Indian and Chinese cuisines to select from. The food is mouth-watering, and the north Indian cuisine is cooked to perfection. The location and ambience are very convenient. The price is reasonable for the service provided.
- Zorba The Buddha: Zorba The Buddha is a heaven for vegetarians. The restaurant is famous for its many delicacies provided. One of the best hotels in the area, te Zorba serves many curries and sauces, which are quite famous among the locals. The ambience is very relaxing, and the overall experience is amazing. The restaurant is a must-try while in here.
- Click Hotel: The hotel is strategically located for travellers, and is convenient for sightseeing purposes. The hotel provides an amazing view of the city, and the ambience is nice. The breakfast provided here is amazing. The service is very responsive.
- Ramada by Wyndham Gnadhidham Shinay: The deluxe hotel is sure to cater to needs and expectations. The rooms are very comfortable and well kept. The food is top-notch, and the buffet spread is popular among the visitors. There are many amenities such as an outdoor swimming pool and shared lounges.
HOW TO REACH KUTCH
For people intending to travel by air, The airport in Bhuj is the best option. Bhuj is connected to the Mumbai International Airport and has regular services to it. The next best option will be the Sardar Vallabhai Patel International Airport in Ahmedabad.
Kutch is well-connected to major cities in India by rails. The railway station in Bhuj has regular services in and out of the area and is a popular choice for domestic tourists.
Kutch has a fairly advanced road structure and network and has many government bus services that can take you around the district.
What is the best time to visit Kutch?
BEST TIME FOR VISIT
Kutch experiences extreme weathers. Near the desert, the temperature can easily get to 50-degree celsius in April-June. Visitors are recommended to avoid the season of summer altogether because of the scorching heat.
Winter would be an ideal time to visit here as the weather is more pleasant and also most festivals occur during the time.
Also See: Bengaluru: The Silicon Valley of India