Kausani is a hill station known for its natural beauty and panoramic view, situated in the northern state of Uttarakhand. The similarity in the landscape of the areas being too similar made Mahatma Gandhi call the place “The Switzerland of India”. The village is calm, quiet and contains beautiful sites where you can experience Indian history and Mother Nature. Kausani is a tourist hotspot and contains Ashrams, tea gardens, museums, trekking sites, etc.
PLACES TO VISIT IN KAUSANI
Why is Kausani famous?
- Anasakti Ashram: Also known as Gandhi Ashram, the structure is a tribute to the father of the nation. The ambience of the place is quite peaceful and calming, and naturally scenic. The tranquil environment provided makes the Anasakti Ashram, one of the best places to plan a retreat. The Anasakti Ashram is now also a study/research centre with residential facilities. The place will do wonders in your search for spirituality.
- Rudradhari Waterfalls: The Rudhradhari Falls is one of the most visited places in Kausani, and lies at the heart of many trekking trails. The falls is in the middle of pine trees, and greenery including a terrace cultivated field and provides the visitor with a jaw-dropping view of nature, a pond where the water from the falls, etc.
Kausani Tea Estate
- Kausani Tea Estate: This Tea Estate is a 200-acre estate, perfect for tea lovers and nature enthusiasts. The greenery, the aroma, the lusciousness, the landscape makes it a perfect place for visits. The locals can tell you the process of extraction of tea, and also you get to buy from a variety of tea from the tea factory located nearby.
FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
- Garden Restaurant: The ambience of the place is just as good as the food served here. Recommended time to visit is at lunch. The restaurant has a great view of the Panchachulii peaks, and the nearby greenery. The restaurant serves Indian, Asian, and Continental food. The food is well prepared and served. The service is fast and responsive.
- Yogi: A small restaurant in the heart of Kausani, the restaurant is all about the homely food cooked and served here. The menu features the local cuisine and is one of the best places to try out the Kumaoni food. You can also ask the food to be cooked according to your preference, and the staff will be more than happy to do so. The restaurant is budget-friendly.
- Chevron Mountain Villa: Originally built over 70 years, the Chevron Mountain Villa is a great hotel with clean and cosy rooms. The architecture is classy, and the ambience is beautiful, with the view of the Himalayan peaks all around. The staff are very hospitable and the service is commendable. The hotel is fairly priced and offers modern amenities.
- Chevron Eco Lodge: Eco Lodge is a nature-friendly lodging, built in the typical Kumaoni style of architecture. The Eco Lodge provides you with a glimpse of rural life and its beauty. The ambience is tranquil and peaceful. There is a great view of the Himalayas and the greenery is awe-inspiring. The rooms are all well kept and nice, and the amenities provided are modern and top-notch.
HOW TO REACH KAUSANI
The nearest airport to Kausani is in Pantnagar. The Pantnagar Airport is about 178 kilometres from the place and is connected to Kausani by a series of motorable roads. The nearest International airport is in New Delhi, about 430 kilometres away.
Kathgodam railway station is about 145 km from Kausani and is the nearest railway station. The station is a part of the northern railways and has services around the country.
What is the best time to visit Kausani?
BEST TIME TO VISIT KAUSANI
The best time to visit Kausani is from April-June. This time of the year ensures that the climate is not very chilly and stays pleasant throughout the day. October-February sees an average of 9-degree celsius and can be considered for tourists preferring the winter season.