Jodhpur is one of the most beautiful cities in this country; it has lakes and water bodies all around the city, making it one of the major tourist spots in western India. Jodhpur is called the Blue City as most of the people living are followers of Lord Shiva, and so, as a result, they painted their houses blue, so when we look from above, this city appears blue.
BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN JODHPUR
What is famous in Jodhpur?
- Jaswant Thada: This is one of the best monuments built-in memory of any kind in this country. This monument has been built in the memory of King Jaswant of Jodhpur and highlights all the different events of his life in a visible way.
- Mehrangarh Museum: If you are a big fan of art, then this museum is a must-visit for you as in this museum we get to see all the different types of art. This were made at that time by the artists to impress the kings and most of the drawings have the portrait of the kings itself.
Bal Samand Lake
- Bal Samand Lake: This is one of the oldest spots in this city and is the most famous for having picnics. If you are a tourist or even if you are a native, this is one of the best times to have a time with your family and appreciate the natural beauty of this spot.
BEST FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
- Indique Restaurant: If you are a fan of Chinese food and other continental foods, this restaurant is the best. This restaurant might be a little costly, but the food available in this restaurant is best available in this city.
- Gypsy Dining Hall: Most of the tourists that visit here mostly want to indulge in Rajasthani food. If you are a fan of this cuisine, this restaurant is one of the best available here, and the most significant advantage of this restaurant is that it is also not costly. So, you can have the best Rajasthani food here within your budget easily.
- Park Plaza: This hotel is one of the most economical hotels in Jodhpur and provides many different facilities to the customers like complimentary breakfast, free parking, and free WIFI. The hospitality and the service available here are also one of the best.
- RAAS: This is one of the very few hotels in this city that has been built in the same way as the traditional Rajasthani monuments. Whenever we look at these hotels from far, they appear to be very beautiful and a must-visit. On top of all this, the Rajasthani food that is made here is very famous.
HOW TO REACH JODHPUR
Jodhpur has its domestic airport and has flights to Mumbai and New Delhi. Indira Gandhi international airport new Delhi Is the nearest international airport of Jodhpur. Traveling by rail is the cheapest way to travel. Jodhpur is also well connected to major cities with roads.
What is the best time to visit Jodhpur?
BEST TIME TO VISIT JODHPUR
The best time to visit Jodhpur is the winter season around the time of the New Year, and the reason behind this is that the loo here is at the highest level in the summer season, and nobody likes to venture out in the summer season this time of the year.
Also Check: Jaipur: The Pink City