Jaisalmer is a gorgeous city filled with rich culture and beautiful architecture. Come and explore this golden city, a quaint little town in India. A land of desert beauty and mystical tradition, This place is a medieval desert trading centre with an extraordinary history. In addition to its ramparts, the fort features palace complexes and temples, step-wells, and emblematic houses built on steep vaults.
PLACES TO VISIT IN JAISALMER
What is Jaisalmer famous for?
- Jaisalmer Fort: This Fort is in Rajasthan, a city in the middle of the Thar Desert. It is situated 215 km away from Jodhpur and 400 km from Jaipur. The fort is mainly open to visitors all through the year except for a few days in December. When visiting the fort, you will be exposed to a mini town rather than a simple fort. There are several smaller forts within the fort, which later rulers built.
- Gadisar Lakes: Gadisar Lake, located on the outskirts of the city of Jaisalmer in the arid state of Rajasthan, is one such lake. Situated in the heart of Rajasthan, the Gadisar Lake provides water to the arid regions of Rajasthan. Gadisar is a place where you can board a houseboat on the Gadisar Lake in Rajasthan.
- Jain Temples: While in here, you must visit the Dilwara Temples. These temples honour their gods Rikhabdev Ji and Shambhavdev Ji, both famous for their protection and prosperity. This ancient fort in here is the home of the Jain temples dedicated to Rikhabdev and Shambhavdev, two fascinating and charming deities.
FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
- The Trio: This restaurant is a well-known restaurant in the old bazaar, and Trio enjoys a high reputation with its patrons. Traditional Rajasthani cuisine is served with al fresco dining under high ceilings to give the customer an experience of sunshine and shade day and night. Different parts of the restaurant are themed for specific Indian festivals throughout the year. A variety, including Rajasthani cuisine with mix-grill and lassi, is on offer.
- Jaisal Italy- This restaurant provides a great view of the Jaisalmer Fort, which is lit up at night. The interior room contains embroidered cushions on which guests can sit. The restaurant offers a varied Italian food menu, focusing on light ingredients and recipes from different parts of Italy.
- Bohemian Guest House- Boasting a terrace, Bohemian Guest House is situated in here, 1.3 km from theFort and 500 metres from Patwon Ki Haveli. This guesthouse is suitable for business and leisure travellers. This property offers a restaurant, a 24-hour front desk and a tour desk where guests can arrange their day trips. Free WiFi is available throughout the property. This guest house features family rooms.
- Shahi Palace Hotel– Hotel Shahi Palace is close to the fort and other ancient monuments. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel. It is only 500 m from Jaisalmer Railway Station and bus stand. They provide free car pick up from bus and train stations as per the availability of your service at any time of your visit.
HOW TO REACH JAISALMER?
Located in the border region of northwestern India, Jaisalmer is far from major cities. The nearest airport, Jodhpur Airport, is some 300 km away. From Jodhpur Airport, tourists can rent cabs to reach here.
The nearest airport to here is Jodhpur Airport (300 km away). From here, you can hire cabs to reach the city.
What is the best time to visit Jaisalmer?
BEST TIME TO VISIT JAISALMER
The best time to visit Jaisalmer is the months of November and March. These are the winter months, and Jaisalmer experiences most of the tourists at this time. People from all around the world come here for sightseeing and much more. These months the temperature doesn’t go beyond 24 degrees Celsius.
Must See: Bikaner : City of Royal Spaces