If the locks on the world heritage are opened in the Tajnagiri, then tourism can take place here. The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has kept captive locks on several monuments in the World Heritage Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri. In the Corona period, when capping is applied to tourists in monuments, then these closed monuments can be opened. Tourism businessmen have been raising demand for this for years, but their demand is always ignored.
Tourists coming to Agra return day after day. Most of the tourists coming to Agra return by visiting the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Fatehpur Sikri. Most tourists come here day after day and return. If only the closed monuments of the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Fatehpur Sikri are opened, they will take more time to visit the monument. This will force them to stay at night to see other monuments here. This may increase the night stay here, but neither the government nor the responsible departments are trying for it.
Which monuments are closed in Agra
- All the cellars have been closed to tourists for years.
- Shahjahan and Mumtaz’s graves are closed in the basement located in the main tomb. They are opened three days a year only during Shah Jahan’s Urs.
- The tombs of Shah Jahan’s other Begums Sirhindi Begum, Fatehpuri Begum, and Kandhari Begum are buried in the Taj Mahal complex.
- All four towers of the Taj Mahal have been closed for years.
- The tomb of Sati Unnisa at the west gate is closed.
- The entry of tourists has been stopped by installing railings in the Mehmankhana.
- Museum operates in the western Naubatkhana, but the eastern Naubatkhana is closed.
- Hamam Sheesh Mahal of Mughal Begums.
- Musaman Burj.
- Moti Masjid.
- Ratan Singh’s mansion.
- Hawa Mahal.
- Mina Market.Mughal hammam.
Two-thirds of Agra Fort is under the jurisdiction of the army. Delhi Darwaza, Salimgarh and Birbal House located in this area are closed.
- Hakim House.
- Turkish Bath
- Rang Mahal.
- Upper floors are closed in Panchmahal
- Reindeer tower
- The upper floor is closed in Jodha Bai Palace
- Janani Mosque
More monuments are closed in Agra
- Chamburji remains locked on the Yamuna.
- The basement is closed in Rambagh.
- The upper floor of Etmadadoula is closed.
- Upper floors are closed in Sikandra.
The Sheesh Mahal of Agra Fort should be opened for tourists. The ASI may charge a separate ticket for the same. It may become the biggest attraction of Agra Fort, but ASI has closed it to tourists.
If you liked this article, then share it on Facebook and WhatsApp and stay connected to read other similar articles with your own website Quest-Journey