Hiking is a physical activity and affects the mind as well as the body. It has a positive effect on your whole body.
If you are going hiking for the first time then keep these things in mind
It has a positive effect on your whole body. Hiking depends on how and how difficult the route you are choosing. For this outdoor activity, choose the path according to your body. Hiking is done in most of the mountainous areas. If you are going hiking for the first time, then keep these special things in mind because hiking does not have the usual flat paths but there are many bumps and climbs too.
Hiking takes place in the mountains as well as in the open plains. People pack their bags and set out on a long journey. Some people like to hike with friends and some travel solo. Traveling alone has its advantages, it gives a chance to know about yourself and make new friends. If you want to go hiking or are going, then make sure to take care of these things without which you will be very difficult.
Carry these essentials with you during hiking
Going hiking for the first time, there are some essentials that you should have with you like a map and compass for navigation, sunscreen, extra clothing, torch or headlamp, first aid items, lighter to light a fire, candle and waterproof matches, Nutrition food and water for rest and tent or plastic tube tent. Apart from this, there are some other important things which need to be taken care of.
- If you are going hiking for the first time, then choose the shorter route, choose a route a little shorter than the path you can cover on a normal flat place.
- Do not hike more than 10-12 kms in a day.
- If you go hiking for the first time, then it will be better if you go in a group and keep it with a guide. Apart from this, give this information at your home as well.
Shoes must be sturdy and comfortable
Hiking means walking a lot. That’s why you should have very comfortable and sturdy shoes. If your shoes aren’t comfortable, you can have a lot of pain while walking. Even if the shoes are not strong, you will still have problems. Do not be careless in buying shoes when you are going hiking. This carelessness can cost you dearly later.
Get into the habit of carrying heavy bags
When you go hiking/trekking carry a very big and heavy bag with you. If you carry that bag in the journey, it becomes very difficult to walk. Then it seems that it would have been better if it was not so heavy. This happens because we pick up this bag for the first time at that time. In everyday life we do not carry such heavy bags. That’s why you should carry your bag before going on the journey. Then if you find the bag heavy, then some things should be removed from the bag and there will be a habit of lifting heavy bags. You should only carry essential things in the bag.
Keep mobile in plastic bag
Just like keeping the essential things extra in the journey. Similarly, you should also keep a small plastic bag with you. Maybe when it rains suddenly while hiking, this small plastic bag keeps your mobile and power bank safe. If you keep your phone in such a plastic bag, then apart from rain, it also protects the phone from water leaking from the bottle.
- Carry all the food and drink items with you. Have chocolate or toffee with you.
- Get a good idea of whichever route you choose. Detect if the root is in the loop. Apart from this, get information about good lunch and places to stay along the way. Incorrect route information can get you off the road.
- In addition to route information, also get route weather information. This will make your packing easier.
- Never go hiking by wearing tight clothes, trekking in loose and comfortable clothes and wear clothes according to the weather.
- If you want to set up a camp near a lake or a waterfall, then camp at least 200 feet away and always keep the camp on flat ground.
- If you are going to a forested area, do not try to see the animals from afar.
Do not throw your discarded garbage on the way, pack it with you. By doing this you will help in maintaining the environment there.
When you go on a long journey, especially in the mountains where there is no network, there are some things to take along for entertainment, especially at night where you stay. At that point, you should have a Kindle or a book with you for entertainment. Trust me, you will love being amongst the books without the phone.
Now your preparation for the adventure on the mountains is complete. So let’s start measuring mountains.