Gandhinagar is the capital of Gujarat. Gandhinagar is located near the banks of the Sabarmati river. The Gandhinagar city is a purely Indian enterprise, and is a tribute to the father of the nation; Mahatma Gandhi. The city itself is a view to be remembered along with many amazing sites for travellers.
PLACES TO VISIT IN GANDHINAGAR
What is famous Gandinagar?
BAPS Akshardham Temple
- BAPS Akshardham Temple: The temple is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Gandhinagar. The temple, which is dedicated to Bhagwan Swaminarayan. The carved pillars and the inscriptions from the Vedas on the walls of the temple, all bring a sense of grandeur along with tranquillity, and serenity to the temple. The temple was built in 1992 and is an amazing piece of architecture. The temple houses idols of almost 200 gods and goddesses.
Indrodha Nature Park
- Indrodha Nature Park: This park is also known as the Jurassic Park of India, and is one of the favourites of tourists, domestic and foreign. The park is the only one in India which houses dinosaur fossils and a dinosaur museum. There are an amphitheatre and event centres for academic research. The place is perfect for picnics and outings with family because it contains entertainment for all age types.
- Adalaj Stepwell: Originally built in the 15th and 16th century, the step-wells hold huge significance in history and architecture. The stepwell has helped the locals fight the seasonal changes by tapping onto the groundwater table. This has helped the locals maintain their agricultural products throughout the year. The stepwell is a classic example of Solanki architecture and goes almost 5 stories deep.
BEST FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION IN GANDINAGAR
- Sankalp: The South Indian restaurant in Gandhinagar is one of the best in the area. The popular choices of tourists are idlis, dosas, uthappams, Rasam-vadas. The place is very minimalist, yet classy. Moreover, the place is budget-friendly and has excellent service.
- Orchid: The hotel is located in the Fortune Inn Haveli hotel, the restaurant offers a visual treat along with amazing food. The Orchid restaurant features a wide range of cuisines and buffets. The customers can customise their menu, according to their budgets. The service is very responsive and fast.
- Gift City Club & Business Centre: The deluxe hotel is 16kms away from the famous Mahatma Mandir. The hotel is luxurious and offers top-notch service to its customers. The amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, fitness centre, private parking, a restaurant with amazing food. The staff is very courteous and hospitable.
- Fortune Inn Haveli: The hotel is located almost 3 kilometres away from the Mahatma Mandir, and Akshardham Temple. The centralised location is very convenient for tourists. The rooms are very spacious and well-kept. The staff and the service are very responsive. The hotel offers breakfast for overnight stays. The overall experience is good, and the ambience is very calming.
How can I reach Gandhinagar?
HOW TO REACH GANDHINAGAR
Is there Airport in Gandhinagar?
Sardar Vallbhai Patel International Airport is 18 kilometres from the city and is connected to many domestic and international destinations.
The Gandhinagar railway station is a major hub in the western railways and is connected to major cities along the route. Another major railway station is the Ahmedabad railway station and it has regular services to Mumbai and other cities.
BEST TIME FOR VISIT GANDHINAGAR
The end of the monsoon marks the ideal time for visiting Gandhinagar. This is from October. The winter is very pleasant here and is ideal for visiting paces, without the scorching heat of the summer, and the constant worry of rains ruining your plan in the monsoon.