Dwarka is a city in the northwest region of the Indian state of Gujarat. Dwarka has great religious significance along with historical significance.
Dwarka is one of the most sacred pilgrimages of the Hindu religion and is one of the seven most important religious cities in the world. Dwarka is supposed to be the kingdom of Krishna, and the first capital of Gujarat.
PLACES TO VISIT DWARKA
- Dwarkadhish Temple: Also known as Jagat Mandir, the temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna. The temple is one of the oldest temples in India and has a history dating back to almost 2500 years. The temple is located on the banks of the Gomti river. The temple showcases classic Chalukya architecture.
- Nageshwar Jyothirlinga: This temple is one of the 12 jyotirlingas in India and has much religious significance. It is also called the Nagnath temple. The temple is famous for its 80 feet tall statue of Shiva. The temple has typical Hindu ` architecture.
- Beyt Island: The island is located nearly 30 kilometres from the main city. Overlooking the Gulf of Kutch, the island houses many temples, famous beaches and coral reefs. The beaches offer dolphin sightings and many other activities.
BEST FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION IN DWARKA
- Indus Express: A classy restaurant perfect for fine dining, the Indus Express will meet your expectations in every field. The food served here is amazing and up to par with international standards. Dinner is usually the popular choice of travellers. The service is commendable.
- Blue Coriander: A budget-friendly hotel, the Blue Coriander serves homely food and has fast service. The menu consists of native foods and other famous delicacies. The price is reasonable for the quality of service provided.
- VITS Devbhumi: The restaurant is close to the Dwarakadhish temple, and is convenient. The rooms are clean, and well-maintained. The staff is very responsive and hospitable. The amenities include a terrace and free private parking.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dwarka: The deluxe hotel is located 7 kilometres from the Dwarkadhish temple. The amenities include a restaurant, fitness centre, a garden and free parking. The rooms are spacious and luxurious. There are battery-operated vehicles to get around the hotel.
HOW TO REACH DWARKA
The closest airport to the city is in Jamnagar. The Jamnagar Domestic airport is around 130 kilometres from the city and offers regular service to Mumbai and Ahmedabad, where there are major airports that are connected to many international destinations.
There is a railway station in Dwarka and is a part of the western railways. Dwarka railway station, though small, offers services to major cities of Gujarat like Ahmedabad, and is preferred by domestic travellers and pilgrims.
BEST TIME FOR VISIT DWARKA
The end of the monsoon marks the ideal time for visiting Dwaraka. This is from October. The winter is very pleasant here and is ideal for visiting paces, without the scorching heat of the summer, and the constant worry of rains ruining your plan in the monsoon. The festival of Holi is celebrated in March and is one of the biggest festivals celebrated in the area.
Check This: Vadodara: The land of the Sacred Temple