Dhanaulti is a hill station and small town in the northern state of Uttarakhand. Located along the base of the Himalayan ranges. The town is just 15 km from Mussoorie hill station. The place is perfect for a retreat and is one of the most beautiful places in the country. The seemingly remote town is far from the busy lives of the city and is a calm and soothing place, with picturesque beauty and scenic landscapes.
PLACES TO VISIT IN DHANAULTI
What is special in Dhanaulti?
- Eco Park: Built-in association with the DFO Mussoorie and the locals of Dhanaulti, the Eco Park is a culmination of beauty and diversity. The park houses much indigenous flora, and many endangered birds have made it their home. The luscious greenery, the amazing sunrise and sunset. There are many activities available such as the Flying Fox, Burma Bridge, fun hikes and treks.
- Deogarh Fort: The Deograh Fort is one of the most visited places in Dhanaulti. Initially built in the 16th century, the Fort is a unique architectural masterpiece filled with amazing murals and vibrant colours. There are many Jain temples in the area, which is another reason to visit the Deogarh fort.
Dhanaulti Adventure Park
- Dhanaulti Adventure Park: This is a perfect place to have a little adventure and a lot of fun. The Adventure Park offers a stunning view of the Himalayas and is filled with adrenaline-pumping activities such as zip-lining through the forest, mountain biking through the trails, trekking, outdoor camping, rappelling, etc. It also features the Snow Adventure Zone. The place is perfect for all age group as there are many activities for each age group.
FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
- Glasshouse Restaurant: This is an in-house restaurant and serves mouthwatering food. The hotel has an extensive menu featuring local delicacies and Indian cuisine. This restaurant is suitable for vegetarians also. Spicy foods are the popular choices by tourists. The pricing is reasonable, and the quality of service is exceptional.
- Hill View Restaurant: The Hill view restaurant is conveniently located and features exotic flavours in its menu. The food served here is exceptional in terms of both quality and quantity. The restaurant sets a nice ambience complimenting the fantastic view of the snow-capped mountains in the distance.
- Ransuli Resort: The Ransuli Resort is a stay that constantly provides an ambience resembling that of the hill station, which is calm and soothing. The staff are very hospitable and has a 24-hour front desk for queries and discrepancies. The hotel has modern amenities and has a beautiful garden, and a classy restaurant.
- Royal Residency: The deluxe hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Dhanaulti and offers one of the best stay experience in the area. The amenities include a shared lounge, a garden, room service, a front desk, free WI-Fi throughout the building, and private parking. The rooms are well-kept and spacious, and the service is impressive and fast.
How can I reach Dhanaulti?
HOW TO REACH DHANAULTI
Jolly Grant airport is the nearest airport to Dhanaulti. The Dehradun airport is about 83km from the town. Taxis are available from the airport directly to Dhanaulti.
The nearest railway stations are in Rishikesh and Dehradun. Both are part of the northern railways and sees many services connecting major cities across the country. You can choose the station according to the available services matching your time. Rishikesh railway station is about 83 km from Dhanaulti, while the one in Dehradun is about 60 km away.
BEST TIME TO VISIT DHANAULTI
If you are looking for a pleasant time, the summer is the best time to visit Dhanaulti. The winter and the monsoon are harsh in the area, as it experiences a temperate climate. The temperature reaches a maximum of 31-degree celsius in the summer and offers a clear, fantastic view of the majestic Himalayas. Monsoon sees heavy rainfall, and it can interfere with your plans of sightseeing and trekking.