Daman and Diu is a part of the Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu union territory. Being a Portuguese colony since the 1500s, the place has a strong resemblance in architecture and culture to that of the Portuguese. Daman and Diu share their border with the Arabian Sea and Gujarat. The place is a major tourist attraction and one of the most popular retreats and getaways for vacation purposes.
PLACES TO VISIT DAMAN AND DIU
Why is Daman famous?
- Jampore Beach: This is one of the cleanest and most popular beaches in India. The beach is very calm and serene with mud-coloured water making it one of the most unusual yet amazing beaches you’ve ever set your eyes on. The beach is set far from the city and is devoid of any rush. There are many food joints in the areas along with a beach shack offering food and drinks. There are many water sports and activities available in the area such as kayaking and scuba diving along with common beach activities.
- Lighthouse: One of the landmark locations in Daman, the lighthouse overlooks the Arabian Sea, and offers a very good view of the shore and the ships passing. The sunset viewed from here is one of the most beautiful things you’ll ever see.
Moti Daman Fort
- Moti Daman Fort: Originally built by the Portuguese, the Moti Daman Fort is a sixteenth-century architecture and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Daman. The colonial-style building also houses an Iberian Church where devotees seek pilgrimage. was built by the Portuguese in the sixteen century and is hailed to be one of the most popular tourist attractions in Daman.
BEST FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
- Resort Hoka Restaurant: The Resort Hoka Restaurant is one of the best places suited for fine dining. The elegant ambience with minimalistic yet classy design provides a visual experience like none other. The sea-food dishes are one of the best in the area. The service is very commendable and the price is reasonable.
- Resort Hoka Restaurant: The Resort Hoka Restaurant is one of the best places suited for fine dining in Daman and Diu. The elegant ambience with minimalistic yet classy design provides a visual experience like none other. The sea-food dishes are one of the best in the area. The service is very commendable and the price is reasonable.
- Mirasol Resort: The deluxe resort is perfect for a calming retreat from your busy life. The ambience, the elegance, the service, and the amenities, all are up to international standards. There is all-day dining, pools, gardens, spas and much more amenities for you to avail yourself. The service is world-class, and available 24 hours a day.
- The Deltin: This is the largest casino resort in the country and is perfect for gamers and vacationers alike. The suites are luxurious and well-kept. There are 4 gourmet restaurants, three bars, retail stores, spa treatments, poolside bars with live music and much more. The hotel itself is a tourist attraction by itself and is perfect to relax and chill.
HOW TO REACH DAMAN AND DIU
If you are travelling by air, the nearest domestic airport is in the Nani Daman area, which has regular service to Mumbai and Baroda. Mumbai International airport is 170 kilometres away and it connects to major cities all around the globe.
The nearest railway station is in Vapi. Vapi is well connected to major cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, etc. and has regular services to these places. This is the most popular choice of transport for domestic travellers.
What is the best time to visit Diu?
BEST TIME FOR VISIT DAMAN AND DIU
The end of the monsoon marks the ideal time for visiting Daman and Diu. This is from October. The winter is very pleasant here and is ideal for visiting paces, without the scorching heat of the summer, and the constant worry of rains ruining your plan in the monsoon.
See This: Gandhinagar: The Ecopolite City