What is Chand Baori famous for?
Chand Baori is a stepwell in Rajasthan’s Abhaneri hamlet that dates back over a thousand years. It is one of the world’s largest stepwell, as well as one of the most picturesque. It was established by King Chanda sometime in the 9th century in the eastern region of Rajasthan’s province.
PLACES TO VISIT NEAR CHAND BAORI
Harshat Mata Temple
- Harshat Mata Temple: The temple was established between the 7th and 8th centuries, but Mahmud Ghazni demolished and damaged it. Many of the temple’s pillars, columns, and statues are now spread around the temple courtyard and hallways. Harshat Mata, the goddess of happiness and joy, was worshipped at the temple, and she was said to spread her radiance and brilliance over the town.
- Bhangarh Fort: As soon as you step inside the Bhangarh fort, you get a weird sense. The fort manages to shake you a little with its ruins, putrid smell, bats, and ominous silence, but it isn’t as scary as people say. Because of claimed paranormal phenomena, you cannot enter the fort after sunset (typically 5 p.m.). This place is must visit if you are near Chand Baori.
FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
- Umaid Lake Palace: The gourmet dining establishment Umaid Lake Palace, located near the Chand Baori Stepwell, serves farm-fresh meals all year. For those looking for Restaurants near Abhaneri village, it is considered one of the top restaurants near Chand Baori Stepwell.
- Chinese Food: Abhaneri’s Chinese cuisine is unique in that it offers a wide range of nutritious and varied dishes. It is pleasing to the palate due to the prevalence of the superb mix of flavors. And, because of the large number of veggies, it’s a highly safe and nutritious lunch.
- Hоtel Shiv Раlасe: In Dаusа, the Hоtel Shiv Раlасe hаs а restаurаnt, а fitness сenter, аgаrden, аnd а terrасe. This 3-stаr hоtel’s rооms рrоvide gаrden views аnd ассess tо а hоt tub. The frоnt desk is орen 24 hоurs а dаy,аnd rооm serviсe is аvаilаble.
- Umаid Lаke Раlасe: Umаid Lаke Раlасe feаtures trаditiоnаl Rаjрut аrсhiteсture аnd deсоr.The restаurаnt оffers beаutiful views оf the lаke аnd serves а vаriety оf lосаl аnd internаtiоnаl dishes. Yоu саn аlsо dine by the рооl. Аt Umаid yоu саn gо fishing, ride а саmel оr enjоy а relаxing bоdy mаssаge. If yоu wаnt tо exрlоre Dаusа Сity, yоu саn rent а biсyсle аnd аrrаnge triрs аt the tоur desk.This hоtel оffers free Wi-Fi, аn оutdооr рооl аnd rооms with а рrivаte bаlсоny оverl ооking the lаke.
How can I go to Chand Baori?
HOW TO REACH CHAND BAORI
Abhaneri lies on NH-11, the Jaipur-Agra highway. The village is well connected to other country regions by air, train, and road via Jaipur and Dausa, 90 and 30.9 kilometers from Abhaneri, respectively. The Jaipur Sanganer Airport is the closest airport to Abhaneri, from which you can rent a taxi or take a bus to your destination.
BEST TIME TO VISIT CHAND BAORI
When the temperature is milder between October and March, it is best to visit Chand Baori, Abhaneri. Chand Baori has entry timings; it is between 8 a.m.- 6 p.m. No entry fee is required to visit this place. You can choose the time according to your requirements.