Champaner is a town in the western state of Gujarat. Champaner is a popular tourist destination because of its archaeological treasures. The area houses many archaeological and architectural masterpieces left by man for over a thousand years. The town is known to be a year-round destination.
PLACES TO VISIT IN CHAMPANER
What is Champaner famous for?
Kalika Mata Temple
- Kalika Mata Temple: The temple built over a thousand years ago, is one of the most ancient architectures in the Champaner region. The temple is a UNESCO world heritage site and is one of the 52 Shakthipeedas in India. The temple houses two sanctuaries and is a double-storied building. The temple enshrines an idol of Kalika Mata.
- Pavagadh Fort: The Fort, originally built in the 10th century, is the oldest landmark of the area. The hilltop fortress is an important part of geography and history alike. The fort provides an outstanding view of the surrounding areas and is one of the most beautiful spots in Champaner.
- Jami Masjid: The Jama Masjid of Champaner is situated east of the city walls. The origin of the ancient mosque can be dated back to the 1500s and is one of the most popular mosques in the western part of India. The architecture is brilliant in terms of aesthetics and innovative ideas.
BEST FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION IN CHAMPANER
- Barbeque Nation: The hotel provides an all-you-can-eat buffet containing multiple cuisines and mouth-watering dishes. Customers can choose from a wide variety of delicacies. The food served here is amazing and up to international standards. The staff and the service are very hospitable and responsive and will cater to your every need.
- Hotel Heritage: The restaurant is budget-friendly and yet serves amazing food. The local cuisine feels like homemade food and is one of the best restaurants in the area. The menu consists of dishes featuring the local cuisines with some exotic dishes. The service is fast and responsive.
- Lake Paradise: Lake Paradise is a luxury hotel and is one of the most recommended places to stay. Situated in the middle of lakes, and luscious greenery, the hotel is a perfect place for a retreat or to get away from the hectic city life. Nestled amid lakes, trees and hills, Lake Paradise is the perfect getaway from city life. The property is close to Dev Dam and offers many activities such as trekking, cycling, kayaking, barbecue, etc. Champaner is just 25 mins away from the hotel.
- The Wilderness Homestay and Farm: The hotel is perfectly blended with the surrounding greenery and serenity. The classy hotel offers modern amenities, including fresh produce from the farm. Visitors can interact with the farm animals and go for trekking and trail walk in the forest.
HOW TO REACH CHAMPANER
Champaner doesn’t have a domestic airport, and travellers can rely on the Ahmedabad International Airport which is nearly 180 kilometres away. The airport is connected to nearly every major city in India, and also to many international destinations.
The Champaner railway station is a part of the western railways and is connected to cities like Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Vadodara, Ajmer, etc. and has regular services to these cities.
How do I get to Champaner?
BEST TIME FOR VISIT CHAMPANER
The best time to visit Champaner is from October to March. This is due to the tropical climate of the area. The summer gets too hot for you to enjoy the beautiful sceneries and archaeological facades. The winters are mild, and the heat is bearable even at noon.
Also See: Daman and Diu: A Coastal Paradise