Why is Bhuj famous?
Bhuj is a city in the western state of Gujarat. Bhuj, situated in the Kutch region, is a world of its own. The place has its unique arts and art forms. The city is famous for its handiwork and embroidery. The rich heritage of the city is attributed to the number of rulers who had their capital cities in the area. The city is a tourist hotspot with increasing footfalls each year.
PLACES TO VISIT IN BHUJ
- White Desert: The white desert is also known as the Great Rann of Kutch. The salt desert is a unique sight for travellers, both local and foreign. This is the largest salt desert in the world. The area also houses many endemic species.
- Mandvi Beach: This is a must-visit place while in Bhuj. The beach is pristine in all its glory and offers one of the best views in the city. The sunset is exceptionally beautiful here. Other than that, there are many water sports and activities available here along with beach games.
- Aina Mahal: Originally built in the 1700s, the Aina Mahal is a historical landmark of Bhuj. It is also known as “Hall of Mirrors”. The magnificent facade was the epitome of the craftsmanship of the people of the area. It was ruined in an earthquake but the ruins themselves attract a lot of visitors.
BEST FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
- Neelam: This budget-friendly hotel will give you a wholesome experience of the culinary expertise of the locals. Featuring the native food on their menu, the restaurants are jam-packed at peak hours. The food quality is amazing and rich in flavours. The service is very fast, and all visitors will have a very good time enjoying the local cuisine.
- Yellow Chillis: The hotel is perfect for fine dining in Bhuj. The ambience is very nice, and quiet. The staff are very hospitable and the food served here is mouth-watering. This is the perfect hotel for couples.
- The Fern Residency: The deluxe hotel is a one-stop shop for a perfect retreat. The rooms are luxurious and all the amenities are well cleaned and preserved. There are many facilities such as free WiFi, air-conditioned rooms, and a 24-hour front desk service.
- Seven Sky Clarks Exotica: The hotel is luxurious in all its aspects. The hotel is conveniently located near the Swaminarayan temple. Many amenities can be availed such as free parking, a restaurant, and a garden. The rooms are well-kept, and the staff is very hospitable.
How can I reach Bhuj?
HOW TO REACH BHUJ
Bhuj has a domestic airport and has regular services to Ahmedabad, and Mumbai. The closest international airport is in Ahmedabad. The Sardar Vallabhai Patel International Airport runs services to many international destinations.
Bhuj is a part of the western railways. The railway station in here is connected to cities such as Kolkota, Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, etc. The railways are preferred by domestic travellers.
BEST TIME TO VISIT BHUJ
The preferred time for visiting Bhuj is November-March. This period covers the onset of winter to the onset of summer. The tropical climate in the area will cause the heat to rise substantially in the summer. The winters are pleasant, and the heat is bearable.