Bharatpur, also known as the Bird Paradise and the Eastern Gateway of Rajasthan, is an Indian city in eastern Rajasthan. It is known worldwide for its bird sanctuary, which contains over 364 species of migratory birds from Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, China, and Siberia. The Lohagarh Fort, Fateh, LaxmanMandir, Deeg, Ganga Mandir, and other tourist sites can be found here.
PLACES TO VISIT IN BHARATPUR
Why Bharatpur is famous?
Keoladeo Ghana National Park
- Keoladeo Ghana National Park: Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, also known as Keoladeo Ghana National Park, is a must-see tourist destination in here. The sanctuary is best renowned for the swarms of birds it hosts year-round, but it also includes a diverse range of flora and animals, making it a highly dynamic location throughout the year.
- Lohagarh Fort: The Lohagarh Fort, also known as the Iron Fort, is Rajasthan’s most powerful fortification and a must-see sight in here. Its mighty name comes from its unbeatable defence ability. The Government Museum is located within the fort’s arena. The museum is an excellent site to learn about the kings of Bharatpur’s employment of the arts of battle and see the numerous war-related artefacts once utilized for defence.
Bankey Bihari Temple
- Bankey Bihari Temple: The Bankey Bihari temple in Bharatpur, built during the Mughal Empire, is a lovely temple inside the Lohagarh Fort. The location is pleasing to the eye and ideal for rejuvenation.
BEST FOOD AND ACCOMMODATIO
- Gulmohar Restaurant: This is the place to go if you want to try as many meals as possible to get the whole culinary experience. It is one of the city’s most upscale dining establishments, located within Bagh Resort.
- Maharo Thikano: This is a specialized restaurant for folks who enjoy dining in a cultural setting. You can eat while seeing puppet displays, Kalbeliya dance, Ghoomar dance, and other traditional activities. This restaurant also offers other enjoyable activities such as camel riding, horseback riding, and others.
- The Birder’s Inn:This lovely lodge is well-positioned at the famous Keoladeo Ghana National Park entrance in a pure and serene location. This privately owned lodge features approximately 20 big and beautiful rooms with views of a lovely garden. You shouldn’t be startled if you wake up to the sound of beautiful birds singing right outside your balcony.
- Chandra Mahal Haveli: This huge Haveli, which contains seven deluxe rooms and four luxury suites, is one of the top Bharatpur resorts. Every room is tastefully decorated and equipped with all of the necessities, including air conditioning, intercom, satellite television, room heaters, and even a minibar.
HOW TO REACH BHARATPUR
The nearest airport is at Agra, 56 kilometres from Bharatpur. This place is connected by train to India’s major cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, and Agra. The Park/Bird sanctuary is around 5 kilometres from the Bharatpur railway station.
What is the best time to visit Bharatpur?
BEST TIME TO VISIT BHARATPUR
The best time to visit Bharatpur is winter, from mid-October to March. By October, the rains have stopped, and the weather has become pleasant. This place is best known for the Keoladeo National Park, which attracts various bird species during their annual migration. The most significant time to visit this park in Bharatpur is during the winter, when birds from Siberia, China, and Afghanistan, among other nations, flock here to avoid the severe winters of those northern countries.
Must See: Tourist destinations of Kumbhalgarh