Ajmer is one of the most vibrant tourist spots in Rajasthan. The name ‘Ajmer’ comes from “Ajay Meru, which means the invincible hills. As the name indicates, this place is surrounded by the Aravalli mountains. If you want to experience the best things in Rajasthan, let’s visit this Awesome place.
PLACES TO VISIT IN AJMER
Why is Ajmer Dargah famous?
- Dargah Shariff: The Dargah Shariff houses the tomb of Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti, a Sufi saint. The tomb is now one of the most visited pilgrim sites visited by people of all faiths. The entire structure has a lot of history and religious history. The tomb was built in stages, and the silver door frames are a big attraction of the tomb.
Ana Sagar Lake
- Ana Sagar Lake: Located in the heart of Ajmer, Ana Sagar Lake is an artificial lake built in the 12th century AD by Maharaja Anaji. The lake is very calming and peaceful and is a perfect place for a picnic with your loved ones. The Daulat Bagh, a beautiful garden, is adjacent to the lake. There is a small island in the middle of the lake, and it provides a very beautiful view.
Adhai-Din Ka Jhonpra
- Adhai-Din Ka Jhonpra: One of the most beautiful and majestic structures in all of Ajmer, the Adhai-Din-Ka-Jhonpra is a famous mosque originally built in 1153 AD. The architecture of the place is just mesmerizing and tells the tale of Mughal history through its design. The place is open for visitors from 4:30 AM to 8:30 PM.
FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
- Ambrosia: Ambrosia is one of the top-rated restaurants in the area in terms of food, ambience and service. The menu features a neo-Indian cuisine and has amazing dishes for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. The ambience is especially commendable. Customers are provided with a cabana with drapes which brings an Arabic touch to the settings. The food is great, and the staff are very hospitable.
- Honeydew Restaurant: The Honeydew Restaurant is a classy restaurant serving Indian, Chinese and Arabic delicacies. The restaurant is budget-friendly and the food prepared is very good. Tourists prefer the Indian food served here, and it is one of the best in town.
- Hotel Kumkum Palace: A 2-star hotel in Ajmer, the Hotel Kumkum Palace is situated in a convenient location for visitors in transit. Located about 400 metres from the famous Dargah Sharif, the hotel offers modern amenities and good food. There is a front desk, spacious rooms, and well-mannered staff who are very hospitable.
- The Royal Melange Beacon: A deluxe hotel in the heart of Ajmer, the Roya Melange Beacon is a classy hotel. The hotel features free WiFi, a 24-hour front desk and free newspapers in the lobby. The rooms are spacious and have good room service.
HOW TO REACH AJMER
Ajmer is a major city in terms of development. It is well connected to major cities by motorable roads. The nearest airport to Ajmer is the Sanganer Airport in Jaipur, some 135 km from the city centre. The Sanganer Airport is connected to metropolitan cities like Delhi and Mumbai, connected to many international destinations.
Ajmer Junction Railway Station is in between the Mumbai-Ahmedabad-Jaipur-Delhi line and has frequent services to cities across India.
What is the best time to visit Ajmer?
BEST TIME TO VISIT AJMER
Ajmer is a year-round destination. Every season has its advantages and adds a personal touch to all the famous sites. However, from October-February, the preferred choice is from the onset of winter to summer. Thereby, you can avoid the scorching heat of the summer, which can reach upto 40 degrees celsius, and the unexpected rains ruining your plans.